At the YMCA, strengthening the community is our cause. Through strong community collaboration and partnerships, the Y works to meet the needs of our community and those we serve through a variety of avenues, opportunities and events. Following is a sampling of events that take place throughout the year. Check back often for specific details on date, times and registration information.
Ongoing YMCA Events & Opportunities
- Annual Community School Supply Drive – August
- Annual Kid’s Swim Suit Drive – September 2017 - Consider donating a gently used or new swim suit for the children who participate in our swim lesson or SPLASH program but cannot afford the proper pool attire.
- YMCA Community Coat Drive - November 2017 - Please donate a gently used or new coat for children and adults. Drop off coats in the designated bin in the Y lobby, and we will get them to the people in our community who need them.
- Christmas Giving Tree – December - The YMCA partners with area schools to provide children and family in need specific items on their Christmas wish list. Select a mitten off of our YMCA giving tree, and donate the requested item. The Y will get your donations to the people in our community who request them.
- Red Cross Blood Drives - TBA
- Food Pantry Drop-off/Donations - Ongoing - Please support those who are hungry in our community. Drop-off non-perishable food donation in the designated bin in the Y lobby, and we’ll get them to the local food pantry
- Ronald McDonald House Pop Tab Collection - Ongoing