FRIDAY, march 27 | 8 AM
Due to the "Safer at Home" announcement by Governor Evers, the Geneva Lakes Family YMCA will stay closed until Monday, April 27. We will continue to monitor the situation and stay connected with our local authorities and Y-USA on future decisions. In the meantime, we miss you! We are trying to stay connected with you on our Facebook page (Geneva Lakes Family YMCA), as we share videos from our Directors, provide words of encouragement from Pastor Don and post helpful program reminders as we move through the weeks ahead. We sincerely appreciate everyone that continues to the support the YMCA during this difficult time. Your continued membership, uplifting posts on Facebook and thoughtful prayers has made a world of difference and will make us Stronger Together!
We continue to serve the community through our Grab N' Go lunch program through March 27, from 12 noon-1 pm by providing FREE bag lunches to anyone in the community. Just pull up into the Y parking lot and grab a lunch. Compliments of the YMCA, Lake Geneva Jaycees and Piggly Wiggly.
All members are handling their membership account situation differently. Some are putting a "hold" on their membership which means once we determine when we can re-open a "credit" will go on your account towards your membership fee. Others have chosen to keep their membership going as a "donation" to the YMCA to help us during this time of need. We do still have some overhead we need to pay and a skeleton crew of staff are working to help with membership questions and handle communication. In addition, we are offering assistance to our community by providing essential childcare (see below) and during the week of March 23 we provided FREE Grab N' Go lunches to the community. We understand everyone is in a different situation and we will support any decision you make. If you do want to put your membership on hold, please click on the link below and complete the form so we know how to handle your account. There is a spot to tell us you would like this on hold. If you want to continue to support us the Y appreciates YOU and the needed support.
CONTACTING THE YMCA
If you need to reach the YMCA, please call 262.248.6211. If no one answers, please leave a message. We are routinely checking our phone messages and will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also send an email to email@example.com for appropriate action.
Please be sure to visit our Job Board! We are currently hiring for Camp Counselors, Umpires and Lifeguards as we prepare for the season ahead. Interviews will be conducted virtually over the next several weeks. Check out available positions by clicking: genevalakesymca.org/jobs
ESSENTIAL CHILDCARE UPDATE
Starting April 6, the YMCA will become a host facility as being an "Essential Provider of Family Care." As approved by the state and local municipalities and inline with all safety guidelines, this care will be offered to those individuals that have jobs that have been deemed "essential" during this time and are in need of childcare. To learn more please contact Jami Golz at 262.248.6211 x26 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER CAMP UPDATE
As we plan for brighter days ahead, summer camp registration opens online beginning Wednesday, April 1. Since camp fills up quickly, we do encourage you to get your child's name on our list now. No deposits will be processed at this time. click here to learn how to submit registrations while the facility is closed, as well as more detailed information: genevalakesymca.org/summercamp2020
Friday is "Fitness Friday". Watch for an email from Emily Thielsen, our Fitness Director each Friday with helpful workout tips and to keep yourself in shape! Be sure to check out the FREE fitness options that are available to you now by clicking here: genevalakesymca.org/fitness
Tuesday, march 17 | 12:30 pm
The COVID-19 situation has caused much anxiety, stress and panic among the American people. As we announced we will be closed for the next two weeks many of you were concerned about membership fees. While we are being optimistic that this is only for the short-term, we are also hoping our members will support the Geneva Lakes Family YMCA.
During this time, we will still be managing and deep cleaning the facility and will have overhead to pay. The YMCA has been in this community for over 130 years and we want to be here for you once we get through this challenging time. We will offer system membership credits to those who go to our website to submit their request at: GenevaLakesYMCA.org/main/rates. Please click on the blue button that reads “Membership Change Form” and complete the information. For those who are willing to continue to support the YMCA during this time, your membership support is much needed.
For those members that have been enrolled in other programs, system credits are being placed on your account by the Program Directors. No action is needed on your part.
We value our members and we thank you for your continued support!
Monday, March 16 | 5:30 pm
The Geneva Lakes Family YMCA Closes Due to COVID-19
The Y made a very difficult decision and that is to close the YMCA effective today Monday, March 16 at 9 pm through Tuesday, March 31. This now includes the entire facility AND 24/7 access.
While part of our mission is to help individuals and families during this time of crisis, this situation has escalated to a point of considering the health and safety of all our members, guests and staff. Information continues to be released that leads us to reconsider our passion and commitment for social responsibility and to that end we must help support the requirement of limiting group gatherings.
We understand there will be some interruption in access to your membership, however, your continued support is appreciated. We will continue to monitor this situation and respond accordingly. Our tentative plan is to still offer Spring Day Camp next week.
Monday, March 16 | 2 pm
To add to the updates below, please take note of the following:
- No Day/Guest passes will be sold.
- The small gym is closed.
- The large gym is ONLY available from Open-9 am, Monday-Saturday for walking ONLY.
- Healthy Kids Day and the 4th Annual Sprint for Spring 5K Run/Walk that was scheduled on Saturday, April 25 has been cancelled.
- No outside food is allowed in the facility.
Despite these challenging times, we are pleased to introduce an at home workout option for you through MOSSA Move! This is a great way to continue your workout at home. This is available to you at no cost for the next 60 days. Please click below for more information:
AS OF SATURDAY, MARCH 14 | 8 PM
As we continue to receive additional information and meet as a management team, decisions continue to be made for the health and well-being of all of our members, guests and staff. As of this time, all programs are cancelled starting Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 12. This will bring us to the end of our Spring I session and we will re-evaluate the status of this situation.
Cancellations at this time specifically include:
Dodgeball, indoor soccer, climbing wall, tumbling, karate, girl’s volleyball, racquetball, open and league Pickleball
Youth & Family
Y Base and Wrap Around Care, Child Watch, Stay and Play, Magical Messes, ABC's, Let's Play Cards
Ducks Swim Team, Masters Swim and private and group swim lessons
All group fitness classes listed on schedule (refer to virtual plan below), personal training, TRX, Couchbusters, Healthy Now, Healthy Forever, Spring Equinox Yoga Workshop, FIT Starts
Underwater Egg Hunt
The Steam and Sauna rooms remain closed until April 13.
Racquetball courts closed.
What is currently open?
The Adult Wellness Center, 24/7 Access (to approved users), Lap and Activity Pools and Gym will remain open for now. This could change based on any restrictions the YMCA may receive.
Virtual Fitness | Refunds | Spring Break Camp
- Within this next week we will be offering virtual fitness class options. This will allow for unlimited viewing, at no charge, for the next 60 days. Login details will be available this next week.
- On Monday, we will be coming up with a plan to address the payments that have been made for being part of these programs. There will be some type of refund or credit that will be administered. Details to follow.
- We DO plan to keep Spring Break Camp open from March 23-27 at this time.
AS OF SATURDAY, MARCH 14 | 10 AM
We realize the outbreak of this virus has caused anxiety and concern among many people, businesses and the community. The Geneva Lakes Family YMCA is currently making proactive decisions based on their understanding of the situation and the recommendations and guidelines set forth by government agencies. Please refer to this page to keep yourself informed of the steps the Geneva Lakes Family YMCA will be taking in regards to COVID-19. Below is our current status and on Monday, March 16, further decisions will be made about all Y programs and services.
- The YMCA is currently open and staffed during normal business hours.
- Access to 24/7 is available for those approved users.
- Open climb and climbing club are closed.
- Steam and sauna rooms are closed until Monday, April 13. At that time, the situation will be re-evaluated.
- Swimming pools are open. Please reference our Google Calendars on the website for open swim times.
- Fitness classes are running as scheduled.
- Maintenance and YMCA staff are continuously wiping down the facility, doors, windows and handles to keep us safe.
- Hand sanitizer stations and professional grade cleaning solutions continue to be used to wipe down fitness equipment, weights and mats.
How can you stay updated with changes at the Geneva Lakes Family YMCA?
- Sign up for REMIND (free text alert system) by sending a text to 81010 to @glymca. Follow the prompts and you will be added to a REMIND group. Then you will automatically receive a text to any updates made on this page.
- Watch our Facebook page at Geneva Lakes Family YMCA.
- Visit our website at GenevaLakesYMCA.org and click on "COVID-19 Updates" found under recent news on the Home page.
What can you do during this time?
- Be responsible by frequently washing your hands and using our hand sanitizers located throughout the facility.
- Be honest about sanitizing before and after use of equipment, throughout the facility, in programs and in locker rooms.
- Be respectful by covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing and avoid touching your face, hands and mouth.
- Be caring by staying home if you are sick.